World Defense News

Russia Warns UK of ‘Consequences’ Over British Drones Used by Ukraine in Strikes on Russian Territory

Russia Warns UK of ‘Consequences’ Over British Drones Used by Ukraine in Strikes on Russian Territory

London, UK — Russia has warned the United Kingdom that it will face consequences over reports that British-made drones supplied to Ukraine have been used in long-range strikes against military and industrial targets inside Russia.

The Russian Embassy in London accused Britain of “deliberately opting for an escalation” and described the UK as an “accomplice and co-perpetrator” in attacks on Russian territory. In a statement posted on Telegram, the embassy said London’s actions “will inevitably carry consequences for which it will have to answer.” It added that the deeper Britain becomes involved in the conflict and the greater its support for Kyiv, the higher the price it will pay.

 

Reports of British-Made Drones

The warning followed reports by The Times and The Sunday Times that British-made drones had been used by Ukrainian forces in long-range strikes inside Russia. One of the systems reportedly involved is the Nyan, developed by Callen-Lenz, a subsidiary of BAE Systems. A second British company involved in the supply chain has not been identified for security reasons.

Reports said some British-made drones supplied to Ukraine have a range of more than 600 miles. Ukrainian forces have been using long-range drones against targets including oil refineries and logistics facilities.

The UK Ministry of Defence did not confirm whether British-made drones were used in the specific strikes. A spokesperson said Britain “stands shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine” and remains committed to providing the equipment Ukraine needs to defend itself against Russia’s invasion.

 

UK Military Support for Ukraine

Britain has committed around £25 billion in support for Ukraine since Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022, including about £16 billion in military aid.

In June, the UK announced a £752 million funding package to provide Ukraine with 150,000 drones and additional air-defence equipment by the end of 2026.

 

Drone Attacks Intensify

The Russian warning comes amid a major increase in Ukrainian long-range drone attacks against Russia. Russian officials said Ukraine launched almost 800 drones in related attacks across the country.

Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said 180 drones were intercepted over the Moscow region, while Russian officials reported that more than 600 drones were heading toward the Moscow area. Regional Governor Andrei Vorobyov said drones struck several facilities, including a Wildberries warehouse, and that at least three people were injured, including a 10-year-old girl.

At the same time, Russian forces continued attacks on Ukraine. Ukrainian officials said a Russian missile strike on Pechenihy in the Kharkiv region killed at least 10 people and wounded eight. The strike damaged private buildings, a cafe, post office, store and several vehicles.

Russia has previously warned Western countries that military support for Ukraine could lead to retaliatory measures. The Russian Embassy did not specify what form the consequences mentioned in its latest warning could take.

——— End of Article ———

About the Author

Aditya Kumar is a Defense & Geopolitics Analyst covering military developments, missile systems, naval strategy, and global defense affairs.